Important Senior End of the Year Info/Dates!
Download/View the 2017 End of the Year calendar here.
1) Visions of the Future (the traditional “pre-graduation” program) is Saturday, May 20, 2017, in Grady’s Historic Gymnasium. Guests do not need tickets to enter this program.
2) Graduation is still Thursday, May 25th (the last day of school) at 3:30 PM at the World Congress Center: Hall C3, 285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW, Atlanta 30313. Parking: Yellow Lot/Blue Lot/Gold Lot.
a. The school district is working out a “half-day” procedure for Grady, BUT this is the time for parents to prepare for “what to do if a graduate has siblings at another school where a half-day is not going to happen.” I don’t have an answer. Please ask the other schools this question if it applies to your family.
b. PARKING WILL BE WORSE THAN HORRENDOUS. Dekalb County Schools has decided to use the World Congress Center as their graduation site, YES, during the SAME WEEK AS ATLANTA’S GRADUATIONS. Stephenson High School will actually be two halls away from us. They don’t limit the number of guests who can attend Dekalb County’s graduations, so there will be throngs of people. We recommend planning to be at the World Congress Center by 1:30 PM since there will be many other things happening at the Congress Center along with two graduations. MARTA may really be smarter. Picture this: Not just ONE school leaving the parking decks as another school is trying to park, but 2 or more schools trying to leave the parking decks while 2 or more schools are trying to park. TRUST US – this is looking BAD… Plan NOW in order to avoid missing graduation…
c. Remember that APS doesn’t control how much the Congress Center charges for parking. Last year they told us $10, but they decided to raise it to $15 during come large graduations. Imagine that. We will let you know the cost as soon as they reveal that mystery.
d. Each student will receive a certain number of tickets. All guests who enter the hall will need a ticket. Small children who are able to sit in adults’ laps have not needed tickets in the past.
e. Students will receive the tickets a day or two before graduation even though we will tell students approximately how many tickets they will receive around May 5th.
3) Graduation Rehearsal (the dress rehearsal) is at the World Congress Center Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 8:30 AM. We want as many students as possible to provide their own transportation. Those who need to ride school buses will need to be at Grady by 7:00 AM. Imagine that… The buses will leave at 7:15 AM.
4) SENIOR FEES are currently $200. Use the following link to pay online: https://osp.osmsinc.com/Atlanta/Default.aspx
. See the attachment for additional payment information/options. The attachment also contains other general graduation information.
5) Young Ladies, wherever you see a reference to “black” shoes, please disregard it. You have successfully convinced us that “nude” shoes look great with white. JUST MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT BEACH SANDALS, ETC… Also, avoid high heels. See the attachment for “heel” requirements. High heels are not your friends on graduation day unless you possibly want to be remembered as tripping and falling – captured by your friends on SnapChat and/or Instagram. Imagine that… (Smile) There is A LOT of walking, and there are A LOT of steps… Last year a young lady’s shoe came off as she went up the steps to the stage… Not a pretty memory.
College Launch: Summer Action Plan Workshop