What is the purpose of online enrollment? An online enrollment system allows parents to enroll new students, when and where it is most convenient for them, and in just a few minutes. Parents will have the ability to enter the student’s information and securely upload documents.
Who can use the online enrollment system? Only parents and guardians designated with legal rights to student records may use the online enrollment.
- Parent Contact/Demographic Info
- Student Contact/Demographic Info
- View/Approve APS student notices
- Emergency Contact information
- Health Services & Physician information
- Medical & Mental conditions information
What information do I need to complete the online application? Before you begin, please gather the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Medical Form
- Ear, Eye and Dental Certificate
- Lease/Mortgage statement
- Affidavit of Residency
- Georgia Power Bill
- Report Card
Do parents still need to visit the school? Yes, There are some portions of the enrollment process that cannot be completed online (schedule change requests, counselor meeting requests, joining clubs, etc.). The school still must complete a verification of your documents. Please make sure to withdraw your child from his/her previous school (if applicable) and that there are no outstanding financial obligations, books or materials that need to be returned to your child's current school as this could cause a delay in transferring records from the previous school.
- Check the district website or your local school website for enrollment office hours
- Bring your original documents and a copy of the documents with you if you did not upload the documents in advance
- Notarize your Affidavit of Residency in advance. Most schools do have a notary available on site at no cost.
- Make sure you are not missing any required documents
What kind of software or computer is needed for online enrollment? To effectively access the online enrollment systems, parents and guardians need:
- Internet Access
- Valid email address
- Computer with a processor speed of 500Mhz or better (MAC or PC)
- Web Browser — we suggest Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or better, Firefox 19, or Google Chrome 24
- Adobe ReaderTM — This is a free document reader available for download on the web at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. There are some Infinite Campus reports that require the Adobe Reader.
Can I access the online enrollment from my smartphone or tablet? Yes you can access the online enrollment system from Android and iOS devices.
How secure is online enrollment? Infinite Campus uses a 32-bit, secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect information. The technology is similar to that used in other industries such as health care and banking.
Do I use the online enrollment system if my student attended the same school last year? No. Only new students should be enrolled using the online enrollment system.
Can I upload documents? Yes, parents have the option to upload documents into the enrollment system.
What happens if I can’t upload my documents? If you are unable to upload documents, you will need to bring the documents to the school.
How long does it take to complete online enrollment? The new student online enrollment process takes approximately 20-30 minutes. You will still need to visit your local school to complete enrollment and other required tasks. You are also required to bring your documents so the staff can review and verify authenticity.
Can I start my enrollment now and finish it later? Yes. Applications can be saved if more data entry is needed and reopened at a later time.
Who do I contact if I have questions about online enrollment? If you are experiencing technical difficulties or need help logging in, please contact the service desk (404) 802-1587 or email OLRsupport@atlanta.k12.ga.us. If you have general questions about enrollment, contact Student Assignment at 404-802-2233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will I know that my enrollment was received? Once the online enrollment process is completed, parents will receive a receipt confirming their enrollment application has been submitted. Parents should print the completed application for their records.
Once my application is submitted can I go back and make changes? No. In order to make any changes to a submitted application you will have to notify the school when you visit to complete enrollment. The enrollment staff can make the changes for you.
Questions? Contact Student Assignment at 404-802-2233 or email@example.com.