Parent Teacher Association
Every Atlanta Public School has a Parent Teacher Association whose goal is to bring together the interests of the parents and the school to support student achievement. PTAs normally meet once a month. Through PTA initiatives and activities, parents work with the faculty to enhance the school environment and improve student achievement.
What Does the PTA Do?
- Supports and organizes school-wide events.
- Provides a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers.
- Provides the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects.
- Conducts fundraising for school activities.
- Assists with special school projects development, landscaping or community outreach.
How Do I Join the PTA?
The PTA membership drive begins a few weeks after the new school year starts. Contact our school at 404.802.2900 for information regarding membership meetings, dues and activities.