9th Grade Academy
9th Grade Academy
My how time flies! In just a few weeks you will have officially completed your first semester of high school. I hope that your transition from middle school to high school has been a great one. Please remember that your education is a top priority and I am here to assist you as your school counselor. Keep up the great work. Go Freshmen Warriors!!!
9th Grade School Counselor
Final Exam Schedule
This year’s final exam schedule is as follows:
¨ Tuesday 12-17 Periods 1A and 3A
¨ Wednesday 12-18 Periods 1B and 3B
¨ Thursday 12-19 Periods 2A and 4A
¨ Friday 12-20 Periods 2B and 4B
Helpful suggestions when preparing for Final Exams:
1. Prioritize what you need to study.
2. Organize your time.
3. Categorize your materials into various study modes.
4. Study with a partner or small group (as needed)
5. Turn facts into questions and drill yourself.
6. On the night before the exam, get a decent amount of sleep.
7. Eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the exam.
8. DO YOUR BEST!
Students and parents,
In an effort to communicate in various ways to the Class of 2017, I have created an account with Remind 101. Remind 101 is a safe way for me to communicate with all of you through a one-way text or email message. You must subscribe for the group in order to receive messages.
To receive text messages:
Text @nahscla to (404)620-2651
To receive messages via email:
Send a blank email to email@example.com
College Preparation: 9th Grade Matters
College seems a long way off in 9th grade, but you need to start thinking about it seriously now. Your 9th grade academic record will be part of your college application. Listed below are things you can do as a freshman to help prepare you for college:
1. Take Challenging Courses
2. Focus on Grades
3. Get Involved in Extracurricular
4. Research and Visit Colleges
5. Discuss Your Plans With Your Family,
Teachers, and/or School Counselor