Welcome to Dunbar’s Media Center!
"The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you will go!" - Dr. Seuss
Policies and Procedures
• Students must always have a purpose for visiting the Media Center. Individual students and small groups that visit the Media Center must sign the sign-in folder at the circulation desk.
• Students visit the media center for checking out books; reading; guided research; literacy skills; web-based educational programs; and to receive assistance with special projects.
• Students are expected to be on their best behavior at all times in order to ensure that the Media Center is an inviting learning environment for all users. This includes but is not limited to: using quiet voices, being kind and respectful of others, and handling the books with care.
• Students are expected to keep the Media Center neat by cleaning up behind themselves. Students are not allowed to bring food, drink, or chew gum in the Media Center.
Checking Out Materials
• All materials are bar-coded and must be checked out through the automated circulation system.
• Students are allowed to check out one book at a time for one week. At the Media Specialist’s discretion, there may be special exceptions for individual students as well as during the holidays.
• Students may renew materials that they wish to keep for an additional week.
Materials must be returned in the book-drop at the circulation desk.
• Students are not assessed fees for overdue books, however they are charged a fee for books that are lost or damaged.
• According to state law, report cards can be held if the book is not paid for by the end of the school year.