Navy Blue Khaki pants (not Jeans) are encouraged.
• Collared Shirts, in the solid colors listed below:
o 6th grade-Gray
o 7th grade-Navy Blue
o 8th grade-Royal Blue.
o School logo shirts are strongly encouraged.
• Fridays ONLY: Fridays will be acknowledged as casual day with respect to the school’s allowable dress code policy
• SHIRTS must be TUCKED in and PANTS pulled up
Purpose of the Dress Code
The purpose of the BMS dress code is to prepare students for the future and ensure a safe, orderly and respectful learning environment. The dress code is in effect from the time students enter the building at 8:35 a.m. (or any time after) until they leave for the day. Additionally, the dress code applies to after-school activities, field trips, site visits, academic internships and other school-related activities, unless the supervising adult informs the students otherwise.
• Any apparel, jewelry, accessory (such as rosary beads), or manner of grooming which, by virtue of its color, arrangement, trademark, symbol, or any other attribute that indicates or implies gang membership or affiliation with such a group is strictly PROHIBITED.
• Clothing and jewelry must not have any advertisement or display of words or symbols associated with drugs/sex/alcohol/ tobacco.
• Failure to comply with the Dress Code is considered insubordination. The following progressive discipline guidelines apply:
o 1st Offense: Dress Code Warning – Student Conference –
The principal, or her designee, has the final authority on the appropriateness of a student’s wardrobe.